The other day we talked about stopping EU referendum junk mail. If you recall, I mentioned that unaddressed political leaflets are difficult to stop, in particular if they're not distributed by the Royal Mail. Lo and behold, today I got this through the door…
The leaflet is quite funny in that it promises
5 positive reasons to Vote Leave. You tell me which of the following quotes are positive statements:
- We send over £350 million to the EU every week.
- If we vote to remain, EU laws will overrule UK laws and the European Courts will be in control of our trade, our borders, and big decisions like whether prisoners are allowed to vote.
- If we vote to remain in the EU, we'll be stuck with an out-of-control immigration system which is bad for our security. The European Courts will be in charge of who we let in, and who we can remove. Imagine if Turkey joins this broken system.
- If we vote to remain in the EU, we won't be able to make our own [trade] deals. We'll keep having the same old rows about bailing out the euro.
- If we vote to remain in the EU, we'll be locked in the back of the car going somewhere we don't want to go. We'll keep subsidising other EU countries and losing more control every year.
It's typical political marketing. I'm sure they want to fight a positive campaign based on sound argument but they just can't help themselves. In no time they start slinging mud (i.e. bombarding you with negative conclusions about the other camp without providing any arguments that logically lead to the conclusions).
Anyway, that was just an aside. The reason for this entry is that I did find one interesting page in the leaflet:
That's right, Vote Leave has got a freepost address and they want to hear from you! What's even better, they clearly like unsolicited mail! If you got something to share, please don't hesitate to let them know:
3 Albert Embankment