Stop Junk Mail is a not-for-profit junk mail advice service. This website provides free and independent information about stopping unsolicited mail.
There's a lot of information on this website. To prevent you get lost, here are some quick pointers:
- If you're here because you want to know how to stop all that wasteful, useless junk mail coming through the door you should make yourself a cuppa and read through the Guide to stamping out junk mail.
- If you got an unusual junk mail issue (i.e. something not covered in the guide) you might want to consult Dr Junk Buster.
- If you enjoy ramblings about junk mail you probably like my Diary.
- If you want to get involved in the battle against junk mail the forum is a good place to start.
- If you're feeling generous you could buy lots of anti-junk mail goodies and/or make a donation.
A new ePrivacy Directive may ban marketeers from harassing businesses with unsolicited sales calls and e-mails. It will be the final nail in the coffin of the UK economy, according to the Direct Marketing Association.
Ofcom has held a consultation on persistent abuse of the communications network and has decided it may start taking enforcement action against companies that make silent and/or abandoned calls.